What is it and how is it treated?
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar Fasciitis is a painful condition caused by inflammation to the thick band of tissue at the bottom of the foot that connects your heel bone to your toes. Plantar fasciitis often results from overuse and is especially common in athletes due to repetitive strains to the tissue. Over time, the fascia becomes inflamed due to repeat tearing and stretching. Other risk factors for Plantar Fasciitis include having a high arch in the foot, obesity and tight calf muscles.
Patients with Plantar Fasciitis may experience the following symptoms:
- Pain in the foot (that is often worse in the morning or at night)
- Difficulty bearing weight
- Pain when trying to stand up after being seated
- Greater pain after (not during) exercise
At OrthoNeuro, our Board Certified Foot and Ankle Specialists have helped thousands of patients with Plantar Fasciitis live active and healthy lives using the latest non-surgical options.
Treatment Options for Plantar Fasciitis
In most cases, the Board Certified Foot and Ankle Specialists at OrthoNeuro are able to treat Plantar Fasciitis without surgery. Non-surgical treatment options can include:
- Activity Modification
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Physical Therapy
- Immobilization (Boot or Cast)
Make an Appointment with an OrthoNeuro Specialist Today!
Patients who are experiencing the symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis should not delay a diagnosis. The decision of what treatments are best for you will be determined by what you and your OrthoNeuro Specialist feel is best.
- If you have been suffering the symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis, schedule an appointment with one of our Board Certified Foot and Ankle Specialists at one of our 7 convenient locations throughout Greater Columbus.
- Best of all, most patients can be seen within 24 hours of making an appointment.
Meet Our Foot & Ankle Specialists
Foot & Ankle Pain Stops Here.
Get started today with a comprehensive treatment plan.