Individual results may vary. There are risks associated with any surgical procedure including NAVIO-enabled Knee Replacement.
NAVIO is not for everyone. Children, pregnant women, patients who have mental or neuromuscular disorders that do not allow control of the knee joint, morbidly obese patients, or any other patients contraindicated for UKR, PFA, or TKA should not undergo a NAVIO procedure.
Consult your physician for details to determine if NAVIO is right for you.
- Willis-Owen, Charles, et al, Unicondylar knee arthroplasty in the UK National Health Service: An analysis of candidacy, outcome and cost efficacy, The Knee 16, 473-478, http://www.academia.edu/22765713, January 3, 2009
- Liddle, A.D., Pandit, H., Et al, Optimal Usage of Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty, The Bone & Joint Journal, http://www.bjj.boneandjoint.org.uk/content/97-B/11/1506, November 3, 2015
- Lonner, Jess, Moretti, Vince, “The Evolution of Image-Free Robotic Assistance in Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty.” The American Journal of Orthopedics, May/June 2016, 249-254. Accessed June 7, 2016
- Ponzio DY, Lonner JH, Preoperative Mapping in Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty Using Computed Tomography Scans Is Associated with Radiation Exposure a…, J Arthroplasty (2014)
- Collier, Matthew, et al., “Patient, Implant, and Alignment Factors Associated With Revision of Medial Compartment Unicondylar Arthroplasty.”, Jour of Arthro, Vol 21 No 6, Suppl. 2, 2006
- Hernigou, Ph, Deschamps, G., “Alignment Influences Wear in the Knee after Medial Unicompartmental Arthroplasty.”, Clin Orthop Relat Res., Volume 423, June 2004, pp 161-165
All information provided on this website is for information purposes only.
Every patient’s case is unique and each patient should follow his or her doctor’s specific instructions. Please discuss nutrition, medication, and treatment options with your doctor to make sure you are getting the proper care for your particular situation.
If you are seeking this information in an emergency situation, please call 911 and seek emergency help.
All materials copyright © 2016 Smith & Nephew, All Rights Reserved