Shoulder & Elbow Bursitis
What is it and how is it treated?
7 Locations Throughout
Greater Columbus, Ohio.
What is Shoulder or Elbow Bursitis?
Between the bones and joints of the shoulder and elbow are fluid-filled sacs, known as bursa, that help the bones and joints glide smoothly. When one or more of these bursa becomes impinged or inflamed it is referred to as bursitis. Bursitis is commonly caused by a bone spur in the shoulder or elbow irritating the bursa. Bursitis is common among those whose daily activities require repetitive overhead motions or lifting.
If you have shoulder or elbow bursitis the common symptoms can include:
- Pain in the elbow or shoulder
- Difficulty lifting your arm overhead
The Board Certified Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Specialists at OrthoNeuro have helped thousands of patients with bursitis return to an active and healthy lifestyle using a variety of treatment options.
How is Shoulder or Elbow Bursitis Treated at OrthoNeuro?
In almost all cases, the Board Certified Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Specialists at OrthoNeuro will recommend conservative treatment options to reduce pain and inflammation caused by bursitis.
These treatment options can include:
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Physical Therapy
- Injection Therapy
In the instance where a bone spur is the underlying cause of bursitis, your OrthoNeuro Specialists may recommend an arthroscopic procedure to remove the bone spur. This procedure is performed on an outpatient basis so that you are able to return home the same day as your procedure. Using our advanced minimally invasive techniques, there is very little surgical trauma and you are able to recover and return to normal activities shortly after surgery.
Make an Appointment with an OrthoNeuro Specialist Today!
- If you have been experiencing the symptoms of shoulder or elbow bursitis, schedule an appointment with one of our Board Certified Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Specialists at one of our 7 convenient locations throughout Greater Columbus.
- We will evaluate your unique lifestyle and goals to determine which type of treatment is best for you.
- Best of all, most patients can be seen within 24 hours of making an appointment.
Request A Callback:
Meet Our Specialists
Elbow Pain Stops Here.
Get started today with a comprehensive treatment plan.