What is it and how is it treated?
What is Cervical Radiculopathy?
Cervical Radiculopathy is a term used to describe the pain that originates in the neck but radiates into the shoulders, arms, or fingers.
This condition is not a diagnosis but a symptom of an underlying condition that is compressing a nerve in the cervical spine and it should be checked by a spine specialist. When the nerve is compressed pain signals travel from the nerve root in the spine into the extremities.
If you have Cervical Radiculopathy the common symptoms can include:
- Neck pain
- Pain in the shoulders, arms, or fingers
- Weakness in the shoulders, arms, or fingers
- Numbness or tingling in the shoulders, arms, or fingers
It’s important to be evaluated by a spine specialist since many conditions that affect the spine have similar symptoms of pain radiating to other parts of the body. For example facet joint symptoms can mimic the pain of a disc herniation.
The Spine Team at OrthoNeuro has helped thousands of patients with Cervical Radiculopathy return to an active and healthy lifestyle using a variety of treatment options.
How is Cervical Radiculopathy Treated at OrthoNeuro?
At OrthoNeuro, Cervical Radiculopathy is usually effectively treated using non-surgical treatment options. The Board Certified Spine Specialists at OrthoNeuro create treatment plans based on your lifestyle and goals. These treatment plans may consist of any combination of the following non-surgical treatment options:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications
- Physical Therapy
Surgery may be recommended if Cervical Radiculopathy does not respond to non-surgical treatment options. The Board Certified Spine Surgeons at OrthoNeuro are experts in a variety of Minimally Invasive Surgical procedures to treat Cervical Radiculopathy.
Make an Appointment with an OrthoNeuro Spine Surgeon Today!
- If you have been experiencing Cervical Radiculopathy, schedule an appointment with one of our Board Certified Spine Specialists at one of our 7 convenient locations throughout Greater Columbus.
- We will evaluate your unique lifestyle and goals to determine which type of treatment is best for you.
Related Services and Procedures
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoporosis Spine Fractures
- Arthritis in The Spine
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Sacroiliac Joint Fusion
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Discectomy
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Laminectomy
- Minimally Invasive Cervical Spinal Fusion
Meet Our Spine Team
Back Pain Stops Here.
Get started today with a comprehensive treatment plan.