Epidural Steroid Injections
What is it and how is it performed?
7 Locations Throughout
Greater Columbus, Ohio.
What is an Epidural Steroid Injection?
The goal of this procedure is to use a mix of corticosteroids and anesthetic medications to decrease the inflammation of spinal nerves that are causing localized pain in the back or neck as well as pain that radiates into the extremities.
Epidural Steroid Injections are commonly used to treat pain related to:
The Board Certified Spine Specialists at OrthoNeuro are experts in Epidural Steroid Injections and have helped thousands of patients return to an active and healthy lifestyle following this procedure.
How is an Epidural Steroid Injection Performed at OrthoNeuro?
At OrthoNeuro, Epidural Steroid Injections are performed on an outpatient basis and take only minutes. We also use real-time X-Ray (fluoroscopy) to ensure precise placement of the needle and the medication to ensure the correct spinal nerve is treated.
General anesthesia is not needed during this procedure and your OrthoNeuro specialist will administer mild sedation and a local anesthetic before your injection.
Little to no discomfort is experienced during or after the procedure. You will be able to return home shortly after the injection. Results may last for many months and repeat injections may be performed to maintain results.
Related Services and Procedures
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoporosis Spine Fractures
- Arthritis in the Spine
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Sacroiliac Joint Fusion
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Discectomy
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Laminectomy
- Minimally Invasive Cervical Spinal Fusion
Make an Appointment with an OrthoNeuro Spine Surgeon Today!
- If you have been considering an Epidural Steroid Injection, or experiencing neck or back pain that radiates into the extremities, schedule an appointment with one of our Board Certified Spine Specialists at one of our 7 convenient locations throughout Greater Columbus.
- We will evaluate your unique lifestyle and goals to determine which type of injection is best for you.