(ALIF, PLIF, TLIF, XLIF)
What is it and how is it performed?
7 Locations Throughout
Greater Columbus, Ohio.
What is Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion?
Open incision spinal fusion procedures have been performed for many years, however recent advancements in spine surgery at OrthoNeuro have allowed our Board Certified Orthopedic Spine Surgeons and Neurosurgeons to perform spinal fusion procedures in a minimally invasive manner. With this technique, a smaller incision is used, less surgical trauma is caused and recovery is much quicker.
You may need a Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion for a variety of conditions, including:
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Spinal Stenosis and Arthritis of the Spine
- Compressed Nerve Root
At OrthoNeuro, our Board Certified Spine Surgeons have helped thousands of patients return to an active and healthy lifestyle after a Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion.
How Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion is Performed
At OrthoNeuro, a Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion can be performed as an outpatient or inpatient procedure based on what you and your OrthoNeuro Spine Surgeon feel are best for you.
During a Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion procedure:
- The disc is removed. The damaged or herniated intervertebral disc is removed.
- The disc is replaced. A bone graft filled implant is carefully placed between adjacent vertebrae.
- The implant is fixated. Rods or plates and screws fixate adjacent vertebrae so they may fuse to form a single solid bone.
Depending upon your unique condition there are several types of Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion approaches:
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion (XLIF)
Make an Appointment with an OrthoNeuro Spine Surgeon Today!
- If you have been considering a spinal fusion procedure, schedule an appointment with one of our Board Certified Spine Surgeons at one of our 7 convenient locations throughout Greater Columbus.
- We will evaluate your unique lifestyle and goals to determine which type of spinal fusion procedure is best for you.
Meet Our Spine Team
Back Pain Stops Here.
Get started today with a comprehensive treatment plan.