Sacroiliac Joint Injection
What is it and how is it performed?
7 Locations Throughout
Greater Columbus, Ohio.
What is a Sacroiliac Joint Injection?
A Sacroiliac Joint Injection, also called an SI Joint Injection, is a needle-based procedure used to treat pain related to the Sacroiliac Joint, which causes inflammation of the sacroiliac joints of the spine.
The goal of this procedure is to use a mix of corticosteroids and anesthetic medications to decrease the inflammation of the sacroiliac joints that are causing localized pain as well as pain that can radiate into the hips.
The Board Certified Spine Specialists at OrthoNeuro are experts in SI Joint Injections and have helped thousands of patients return to an active and healthy lifestyle following this procedure.
How is a Sacroiliac Joint Injection Performed at OrthoNeuro?
At OrthoNeuro, Sacroiliac Joint Injections are performed on an outpatient basis and take only minutes. We also use real-time X-Ray (fluoroscopy) to ensure precise placement of the needle and the medication.
General anesthesia is not needed during this procedure and your OrthoNeuro specialist will administer mild sedation and a local anesthetic before your injection.
Little to no discomfort is experienced during or after the procedure and you are allowed to return home shortly after. Results may last for many months and repeat injections may be performed to maintain results.
Related Services and Procedures
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoporosis Spine Fractures
- Arthritis in the Spine
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Sacroiliac Joint Fusion
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Discectomy
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Laminectomy
- Minimally Invasive Cervical Spinal Fusion
Make an Appointment with an OrthoNeuro Spine Specialist Today
- If you have been considering an SI Joint Injection, or experiencing back pain that radiates into the hips and is caused by Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction, schedule an appointment with one of our Board Certified Spine Specialists at one of our 7 convenient locations throughout Greater Columbus.
- We will evaluate your unique lifestyle and goals to determine which type of injection is best for you.