Facet Joint Syndrome
(Arthritis of the Spine)
What is it and how is it treated?
What is Facet Joint Syndrome?
Each of the segments of the spine are made up of two facet joints at the back of each vertebrae that allow for mobility and flexibility of the spine, and a vertebral disc. When the facet joints become inflamed and painful due to osteoarthritis it is called Facet Joint Syndrome. Facet Joint Syndrome can be caused by a combination of aging, pressure overload of the facet joints, and injury.
If you have Facet Joint Syndrome the common symptoms can include:
- A dull pain in the neck or lower back
- Pain that radiates into the extremities
- Pain when standing for long periods of time
- Pain when bending backward or twisting
The Spine Team at OrthoNeuro has helped thousands of patients with Facet Joint Syndrome return to an active and healthy lifestyle using a variety of treatment options.
How is Facet Joint Syndrome Treated at OrthoNeuro?
At OrthoNeuro, Facet Joint Syndrome is usually effectively treated using non-surgical treatment options. The Board Certified Spine Specialists at OrthoNeuro create treatment plans based on your lifestyle and goals. These treatment plans may consist of any combination of the following non-surgical treatment options:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications
- Physical Therapy
- Corticosteroid injection
- Nerve ablation
Surgery may be recommended if Facet Joint Syndrome does not respond to non-surgical treatment options. One of the most common procedures used is a Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion. The Board Certified Spine Surgeons at OrthoNeuro are experts in a variety of Minimally Invasive Surgical procedures to treat Facet Joint Syndrome.
Make an Appointment with an OrthoNeuro Spine Surgeon Today!
- If you have been experiencing the symptoms of Facet Joint Syndrome, schedule an appointment with one of our Board Certified Spine Specialists at one of our 7 convenient locations throughout Greater Columbus.
- We will evaluate your unique lifestyle and goals to determine which type of treatment is best for you.
Request A Callback:
Meet Our Spine Team
Back Pain Stops Here.
Get started today with a comprehensive treatment plan.