What is it and how is it treated?
What Causes Neck Pain?
The most common cause of neck pain is muscle strain or tension due to poor posture or body mechanics. The good news is that most neck pain will subside on its own after rest and temporary activity modification.
When neck pain does not subside for weeks and interferes with daily activities, it is then known as chronic neck pain. This is when you should seek the expertise of one of the Board Certified Spine Specialists at OrthoNeuro to determine the underlying cause of chronic neck pain. Also, it is important to make an appointment if you begin to experience pain, numbness or tingling in the shoulders, arms or fingers as this may be a sign of a more serious condition.
Similar to back pain, chronic neck pain can be the result of damage to the spinal discs or vertebrae. This could even lead to conditions usually associated with lower back issues, such as sciatica. Proper examination and testing from an OrthoNeuro Spine Specialist is the most effective way to determine what is causing pain.
Common causes of chronic neck pain can be the result of underlying conditions, including:
- Herniated, bulging, or slipped spinal discs
- Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Spinal bone spurs
- Spinal arthritis
- A pinched nerve in the cervical spine
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Facet Joint Disease
- Spinal fractures
The Spine Team at OrthoNeuro has helped thousands of patients with chronic neck pain return to an active and healthy lifestyle using a variety of treatment options.
How is Neck Pain Treated at OrthoNeuro?
At OrthoNeuro, our multidisciplinary Spine Team consists of Board Certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialists, Spine Surgeons, Neurosurgeons, and Physical Therapists – each of whom collaborate to decide the best treatment plan for you based on your unique condition and lifestyle.
At OrthoNeuro, we offer the latest in non-surgical as well as Minimally Invasive treatment options for chronic neck pain, including:
- Physical Therapy
- Interventional Pain Management
- Injection Therapy
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery
- Complex Spinal Surgery
In most cases, we begin with the most conservative treatment options and only recommend surgery if neck pain does not respond to these conservative treatments.
Related Services and Procedures
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoporosis Spine Fractures
- Arthritis in the Spine
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Sacroiliac Joint Fusion
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Discectomy
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Laminectomy
- Minimally Invasive Cervical Spinal Fusion
Make an Appointment with an OrthoNeuro Spine Surgeon Today!
- If you have been experiencing chronic neck pain, schedule an appointment with one of our Board Certified Spine Specialists at one of our 7 convenient locations throughout Greater Columbus.
- We will evaluate your unique lifestyle and goals to determine which type of treatment is best for you.
Meet Our Spine Team
Back Pain Stops Here.
Get started today with a comprehensive treatment plan.