What is it and how is it treated?
7 Locations Throughout
Greater Columbus, Ohio.
What is a Stress Fracture?
A stress fracture is a small crack in a bone or severe brusing within a bone. Most stress fractures are caused by overuse or repetitive activities. Many times a stress fracture results from increasing the amount of intensity of an activity too quickly. Conditions that decrease bone density and strength such as osteoporosis, poor conditioning prior to beginning a sport, and improper technique all increase the likelihood of a stress fracture. Although they can occur in many of the bones within the body, stress fractures are most common in the lower leg and foot.
- Pain or sensitivity in a specific area during activity
- Pain that diminishes druing rest
- Tenderness to touch at the site of the fracture
The Board Certified Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Specialists at OrthoNeuro have helped thousands of patients with stress fractures return to an active and healthy lifestyle using a variety of treatment options.
How is a Stress Fracture Treated at OrthoNeuro?
Surgery is rarely ever needed for a stress fracture. Rest and bracing are the most commonly used treatments for stress fractures. Most stress fractures heal within 6-8 weeks if they are rested properly. However, if not given the chance to heal the fracture may not completely heal and cause continued complications.
Make an Appointment with an OrthoNeuro Specialist Today!
- If you have been experiencing the symptoms of a stress fracture, schedule an appointment with one of our Board Certified Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Specialists at one of our 7 convenient locations throughout Greater Columbus.
- We will evaluate your unique lifestyle and goals to determine which type of treatment is best for you.
- Best of all, most patients can be seen within 24 hours of making an appointment.
Request A Callback:
Meet Our Stress Fracture Specialists
Knee Pain Stops Here.
Get started today with a comprehensive treatment plan.